We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated individual eager to build a career in public relations in the wine-focused world. Our ideal candidate is very hard working, extremely creative, detail oriented, organized, fun, enthusiastic, energetic, always curious and, of course, is passionate about wine!
- Writing and editing press releases and press materials
- Development of creative ideas our clients can use to set themselves apart in the media
- Actively pitching our clients to journalists on the phone and in person
- Keeping track and managing all media activity for clients
- Organizing press trips
- Researching new and keeping abreast of top wine, food, travel, lifestyle and business writers
- Occasional travel to Napa, Sonoma and Central Coast, attending wine dinners, tasting panels, and food and wine events
- And more!
- Must have at least 1-2 years experience in a wine or restaurant or hospitality related role and a 4-year college degree
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Adobe Photoshop, ACT, Cision Media Source, Burelles Luce knowledge a plus
- Social media platform knowledge and proven track record of engagement on Linkedin, Instagram and Facebook
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills (details!)
- Prioritizes, plans, and takes initiative without direction
- Works productively in a team environment
- Intimate knowledge of food and wine industry trends, and media outlets
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid CA drivers license
Salary DOE; Health insurance and simple IRA matching plan are offered, flex time, expense accounts for dining and education, and fun company outings
If you’re interested in this position, please send a detailed cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.