Account Coordinator: Jarvis Communications is recognized as one of the preeminent and highly specialized public relations firms in the wine and spirits industry, and broadly within the luxury lifestyle and hospitality industries.
Our team is made up of passionate and curious connectors who desire to make a difference for family owned companies. We value teamwork above all else, and we work hard and with integrity because we want our clients to succeed. We are extensions of each client’s core team and their families. Together, we form a strong community. Jarvis Communications values its employees and endeavors to create an atmosphere wherein employees may grow their careers in the long term and share in the company’s success.
We focus on media relations and strategic relationship development for our clients because we believe that positive media coverage and third-party endorsements are an essential component of any marketing and sales strategy.
We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated individual eager to build a career in public relations in the wine-focused world in an Account Coordinator position. Our ideal candidate for this entry-level role is very hard-working, extremely creative, detail oriented, organized, fun, enthusiastic, energetic, always curious and, of course, is passionate about food and wine!
- Writing and editing press releases, sample mailing letters and pitches
- Development of creative ideas our clients can use to set themselves apart in the trade and media
- Actively pitching our clients to journalists via email, phone and in-person
- Keeping track and managing all media activity for clients via monthly reports
- Maintaining client 12-month agendas and to-do lists
- Organizing press trips and media tours in various markets
- Researching new writers/publications and keeping abreast of top wine, food, travel, lifestyle and business writers and trends
- Anticipating needs of Account Executives, Supervisors and Directors and Clients
- Social media support for both Jarvis Comm and its clients across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Linkedin
- Occasional travel to Napa, Sonoma and Central Coast, attending wine dinners, tasting panels, and food and wine events
- Must have at least 1-2 years experience in PR or wine/restaurant/hospitality related role; a 4-year college degree is a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Adobe Photoshop, ACT, Cision Media Source, Burelles Luce knowledge a plus
- Social media platform knowledge and proven track record of engagement on Linkedin, Instagram and/or Facebook
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills (details!) and a serious sense of urgency
- Prioritizes, plans, and takes initiative without direction; anticipates needs of clients and directors without the need to be asked/assigned
- Works productively in a team environment and possesses a positive attitude
- Knowledge of food and wine industry trends, and media outlets is a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license
Salary DOE; Health insurance and simple IRA matching plan are offered, flex time, expense accounts for industry research and education, and fun company outings
TO APPLY: email email@example.com with resume and DETAILED COVER LETTER demonstrating experience and passion for wine, spirits, food, travel, hospitality. Resumes received without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.