We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated individual, eager to continue building a career in public relations and the wine-focused world. We are looking for someone with 2-3+ years of professional experience working public relations and/or wine or hospitality related role that is hard working, creative, enthusiastic, and passionate about all things wine!
- Managing day-to-day activities on multiple accounts with strategic guidance and support of Account Directors and President
- Pitching press releases and feature ideas by phone and/or email to national, regional and trade journalists, across print, broadcast and online, to interest them in covering clients’ stories, staying up to date on industry topics and media coverage
- Strategizing new and creative ways to tell clients’ stories
- Organizing and hosting press trips
- Keeping abreast of top wine, food, travel, lifestyle and business writers
- Frequent travel to Napa, Sonoma and Central Coast, attending wine dinners, tasting panels, and food and wine events
- And more!
- Proven track record and 2-3+ years of professional experience working public relations and/or wine or restaurant or hospitality related role
- Strong background/interest and understanding of wine and winery operations
- Creative mind with the ability to strategize and clearly articulate ideas and concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to productively multitask and handle several accounts
- Always looking for new ways to connect our clients to the right audiences–both trade and consumer
- Experience being the point of client communications and ability to articulate goals and strategies and solve problems
- Sharp attention to detail
- Prioritizes, plans, and takes initiative without direction
- Works productively in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid CA drivers license
Salary DOE; Health insurance and simple IRA matching plan are offered, flex time, expense accounts for dining and education, and fun company outings.
If you’re interested in this position, please send a detailed cover letter & resume to email@example.com.