Jarvis Communications is seeking a full-time or part-time office assistant. We are looking for someone who will thrive in a fast-paced small-office atmosphere, who enjoys wearing many “hats.” Our ideal candidate will be very detail oriented, organized, fun, enthusiastic and energetic and will want to grow within the company. We are passionate about our work and hold very high standards for our employees.
- Provides phone coverage answering all incoming calls and directing them to the designated individuals. Must be comfortable communicating across all levels – clients, vendors and colleagues.
- Maintain an organized working office: ordering supplies, filing, making sure our magazine subscriptions are up to date, make coffee in the am, take out the trash daily, stocking snacks/drinks, putting clean dishes back on the shelves
- Administrative support (data entry, research) on client winery accounts; experience with excel, adobe photoshop
- Help maintain database of media and trade contacts
- Assist with website updates
- Basic graphic design for clients’ needs a PLUS
- Handle minimal mailing, FedEx, UPS shipments for office
- Serves as general information center, i.e., be knowledgeable about company, employees, clients, etc.
- Manage calendar appointments for account directors and president
- Assist President with day to day administrative needs
- Oversee organization of monthly client media reporting
- Proofreading and editing
- Planning office functions (birthdays, office lunches, office outings/teambuilding)
- Must have office experience in an office administrative role or a college degree
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (thorough knowledge of Photoshop); HTML coding a plus!
- ACT, Cision, Burelles Luce knowledge a plus
- Must be reliable, punctual and be willing work additional hours on occasion
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills (details!)
- Prioritizes, plans, and takes initiative without direction
- Works productively in a team environment
- Resourceful with the ability to seek out and find answers and solutions to client and office needs
- Interest in food and wine a plus!
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. boxes
- Bust be comfortable sitting at a desk and in front of a computer 6+ hours a day
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license
- This is a full-time of part-time position.
Jarvis Communications offers generous Health Insurance and Simple IRA plans, PTO and Summer Fridays.
All inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with Cover Letter, CV/Resumé, and References.
We look forward to hearing from you!