Frank Family Vineyards Buys Historic Wood Ranch Vineyard Estate in Rutherford
Today, Frank Family Vineyards announced the purchase of the Wood Ranch Vineyard Estate, a historic 87-acre property in Rutherford, Calif. with 70 acres of grape vines. For three generations, the property was owned and developed by the family of Frank “Laurie” Wood, a Napa Valley grape grower and icon.
The Wood Ranch Vineyard Estate is located off of Conn Creek Road, and is in close proximity to Rich Frank’s home and hillside vineyard, Winston Hill. “We are thrilled to have brought this established first-growth quality land into our family of vineyards. It will contribute to our expansion of estate-driven wines,” says Rich Frank.
Frank Family Vineyards, celebrating its 20th anniversary this year, has steadily expanded its vineyard properties. In addition to the Wood Ranch Vineyard Estate, the winery also has the Lewis Vineyard in Napa Carneros, the S&J Vineyard in Capell Valley, both named after the Frank family grandchildren, and Rich Frank’s personal estate, Winston Hill.
The Wood family traces their roots to the California Gold Rush. In 1917, a chance encounter between Frank Wood, a young Berkeley graduate working as a farm advisor, and Betty Cole, a Rutherford rancher’s niece, culminated in their marriage and inheritance of the land that would be known as Wood Ranch. Frank Wood began growing grapes on his new land, and his son Laurie took over the briskly growing vineyard in the 1950s, caring for the grapes for over half a century. While different varietals have been planted at different times, today the land is planted to 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, Petit Verdot, Petite Sirah, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Zinfandel, with the remaining 20% planted to Chardonnay.
About Frank Family Vineyards
With over 250 acres of the finest vineyard land in Napa Valley and one of the biggest word-of-mouth followings, Frank Family Vineyards has become a household name for lovers of premium Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. Founded in 1992, Frank Family Vineyards has grown from a boutique fledgling producer to a well-respected name recognized on a national level. Frank Family’s reputation for having the friendliest hospitality in Napa Valley has fans flocking to the tasting room on Larkmead Lane, making it one of the most popular tasting rooms in wine country. It was recently awarded “Best Tasting Room” in ABC7 Bay Area A-list “Napa vs. Sonoma Winery Showdown” contest and has won “Best Napa Winery” for three consecutive years. Add Frank Family’s estate-driven wines with growing national distribution—thanks largely to loyal fans who’ve helped to spread the word—and it’s no question that Frank Family Vineyards is a star on the rise.
Frank Family Vineyards wines are distributed in all 50 states and are available for purchase online at www.frankfamilyvineyards.com
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT JARVIS COMMUNICATIONS AT 310.313.6374