Social Media Manager: Jarvis Communications is looking for an experienced, passionate and creative Social Media Manager to join our team and lead our company’s social media initiatives as we grow our digital marketing services.
Our company is a small, wine-focused media relations company working in a tight-knit, team-oriented environment, and our work garners well-thought-out editorial coverage for our clients in the national media. We are passionate about our work and team and love making a difference for our clients. We are looking for the right person to integrate the work we currently do cohesively into social and digital media activity.
As a Social Media Manager you will be responsible for developing and implementing Jarvis Communications’ internal strategy, while also overseeing and coordinating all aspects of client social media accounts. You will be working closely with account managers, as well as directly with client contacts. There is room for growth and management in this role as we grow our services, team, and client base.
Social Media Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and manage Jarvis Comm’s social media profiles, including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and LinkedIn
- Develop, implement, manage and service Jarvis Comm’s client digital content, social and paid media, with the help and guidance of account managers
- Develop creative messaging and strategic campaigns that will incite increased following and engagement
- Develop and implement strategy-driven media content calendars for each account, oversee calendars and daily posting schedules
- Perform routine community engagement across all social media accounts
- Measure and evaluate the success of every social media account using data and goals-driven KPIs and growth trends on a monthly basis
- Stay up to date with latest social media best practices and industry trends
- Use social media marketing tools available; Sprout Social, HootSuite, etc.
- Work with photographers and videographers to ensure content is informative and appealing
- Collaborate with client Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
- Develop strategies client SEO through content optimization and paid media
- Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
- Hire and train others in the team (once department and systems are running, and additional team members required)
- Adhere to industry-specific rules and regulations such as tied-house laws
- Coordinate plans with Account Managers and clients
Social Media Manager requirements and qualifications
- 2-3 years of experience as a Social Media Strategist or similar role in wine, spirits, food, travel or hospitality; preferably candidate will have worked across multiple clients in an agency setting
- Intimate knowledge of wine, spirits, food, travel and hospitality industries
- Proven track-record of using social media to increase brand awareness and impressions
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Tik Tok, Google+ and other social media platforms Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Excellent writing skills; some copywriting experience preferred
- Ability to analyze social media KPIs, develop reports based on metrics, and adjust strategy accordingly
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multitasking skills, time-management skills
- Great leadership skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational skills (details!) and a serious sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize, plan, and take initiative without direction; anticipate needs of clients and directors without the need to be asked/assigned
- Ability to work productively in a team environment and possesses a positive attitude
- Knowledge of food and wine industry trends, and media outlets is a plus
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license
- Must be available to work out of our offices in Culver City CA OR must live/work in Northern CA in close distance to Napa/Sonoma.
TO APPLY: email firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and DETAILED COVER LETTER demonstrating experience and passion for wine, spirits, food, travel, hospitality. Resumes received without a cover letter specific to this position will not be considered.